This How To Viedo will teach you the easiest way we have have found to repalce Awning and Casement Sash Weather Strip – Part # 903
Updated! This how to video will teach you how to replace a casement operator on a casement window. The window used in this video is the Hurd Energy Saver Casement with Truth Casement hardware – Now Called Sierra Pacific WI product.To order Hurd Replacement Parts visit http://www.Hurd-Parts.com to order other window and door part brands visit http://www.WindowPartsCenter.com
This video is a comparison of our Part # 111 – Truth Dual Arm Casement Operator Square and Ellipse style.
Order Online – follow link below.
2. Remove the handle crank by pulling it straight off. (if you have a different style operator there may be a set screw)
3. Using a stiff putty knife from the inside, insert the knife between the main sill and lower sill operating stops. Carefully pry up to remove the upper and lower sill operating stop.
4. Pry with a small screwdriver the split arm off of the sash bracket pin by prying up and off, and then pry with a small screwdriver the straight arm off the sash track shoe by prying between the arm and the track shoe downward.
5. Remove the screws that secure operator to the main sill.
6. Install the replacement operator and reverse the above removal procedure to complete.
Go to www.RandRwindow.com to purchase casement and awning operators.
How to shim a Hurd Casement Window –
Using Part # 183 (you can purchase shims from www.RandRwindow.com )
- Crank window all the way open
- locate the sliver hing track screwed into the bottom of the window frame
- loosen the screw that is closet to the corner frame of the window
- Insert shim around the screw (under the hinge track)
- Tighten the screw
- this is a good time to make sure that ALL screws on the hardware are tightened so that the head of the screw is flush (DO NOT over tighten!)
This is a PDF file from hurd on how to shim a window (click on blue writing below to download).